Posted October 12, 2009 / Hello
Hi. I’m Mike Howard, and this is my company, Daughters & Howard. Thanks so much for visiting.
This site represents some the work I’ve created between February of 2001 and today, while employed at the advertising agencies listed below, and most recently as a solopreneur.
In each case, I was the writer or one of the writers conceptually and executionally responsible for the work. In many cases I also served as Associate Creative Director or Creative Director. And, as is always the case, there’s an army of talented, super smart people behind all of it.
Here’s the rest of my somewhat convoluted life story in bullet-point form. If you’d like to know anything more, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
1971: Born, Maine
1989 – 91’ish: Student, U of Miami, FL
1991’ish – 2000’ish: College Dropout/Bartender, Miami Beach
1997 – 2000: Student, Florida International University, Miami
Aug. – Oct. 1998: Intern, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami
Aug. 2000 – Present: Husband, Julie Howard
Sept. – Nov. 2000: Student, Northeastern University Law, Boston
Nov. 2000 – Feb. 2001: Law School Dropout/Bartender, Boston
Feb. 2001 – March 2004: Copywriter, Arnold Worldwide, Boston
March 2004 – May 2007: Senior Copywriter/Associate Creative Director, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami
Oct. 2004 – Present: Father, Lola Quinn Howard
May 2007 – Oct. 2008: Associate Creative Director, Butler Shine Stern and Partners, Sausalito, CA
Oct. 2008 – June 2010: Associate Creative Director, Arnold Worldwide, Boston
June 2010 – Present: VP/Creative Director, Arnold Worldwide, Boston
Oct. 2010 – Present: Father, Ginger Vivian Howard and Ivy Parker Howard
Oct. 2013 – Present: SVP/Creative Director, Arnold Worldwide, Boston
Jan 1, 2014 – Present: Freelance CW/CD and CEO/Founder, Daughters & Howard, LLC.
• Worked with McCann Worldgroup on the winning pitch team for Microsoft
• Collaborated with production company, Minder.co to create content for Fashion Project in Boston and Connie Cycling Foundation in LA.
• Collaborated with The Lot and Human Design in Boulder to create web and video content for beverage company, Skoop.
• Collaborated with run apparel startup Tracksmith building web content.
• Collaborated on several projects with revolutionary “expert-sourcing” platform, Ideasicle.
• Collaborated with Preacher in Austin, TX developing voice and identity for white-hot D.C.-area fast-casual dining phenomenon, Cava Mezze Grill.
• Collaborated with Boston agency startup, Sleek Machine developing work for Bertucci’s Pizza.
• Collaborated with Possible in Seattle pitching the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life.